Since last few weeks I have been Searching about How to develop Web Application using Python ?. Then I found solution to this question.
To use Python in Web Application or Web Development, you have to use Python Framework like Django, Pylons, web2py etc.
One of very Famous Framework is Django which is updated regularly. It is open source project. Web Application is very easy to develop with Django. Since Django is Python Framework, you have to have Python installed on your machine to run Django.
Python is directly available on Linux. To install python on windows visit How to install Python And rst2pdf on Windows platform. Now i Suppose you have python installed on your Machine.
There are two version of Django available to you.
- The latest official release and
- the development version.
Note: Official release is tested and stable version, while Development version contains latest features of Django.
Now download any version from https://www.djangoproject.com/download/.
How to Install Django on Windows and Linux?
Now for Linux run following Command to Install Django:
- tar xzvf Django-1.5.1.tar.gz(Unzip the compressed file).
- cd Django-1.5.1(Directory name may vary as per versino.)
- sudo python setup.py install(terminal will ask for root password).
And For Windows
- Unzip the tar file using 7-zip or other software.
- Goto to directory that contains setup.py file.
- Run python setup.py install command.
Now Django is installed on your Machine.To check installation Go to your Python interpreter then:
- run import django command.
- then run django.VERSION command.
- You should see output: (1, 5, 1, 'final', 0) (Which shows version of Django on your Machine).
To Develop Website using Django you should have basic knowledge of Python.
Django is very famous for its documentation, So you can Start developing Website using this Framework. Documentation is available at https://docs.djangoproject.com/. Another Useful link is https://www.djangobook.com/