If you have Linux installed on your machine, python is already installed on your machine. To install Python on Windows Platform follow the steps given below:
How to install python on Windows?
- step-1: Download python for windows from http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.3/(Download MSI installer).
- step-2: Run installer and it will install python into c:\python27(number 27 may vary according to version installed).
- step-3: Now we have to add environment variable for python. For this Goto: Control Panel > User Accounts > Change my environment variable( you can also Goto: Computer > System Property > Advance system setting > environment variables).
- step-4: Then create New(or edit existing) variable named "path" and give value c:\python27. You also need to add C:\python27\Scripts to your path value (you can provide more than one value separated by semi-colon ).
- step-5: Now type python in command line window and you will go into python prompt(it will be like ">>>").
If you do all the step correctly then python is installed successfully on your Computer.
See how to create twitter bot using Python at:The Python Tutorial for Twitter Bots
Was this Information helpful?Yes No
- How to use Python in Web Application Development ?
- How to Install MongoDB (NoSQL database) on Windows 7?